Things to do to help prior to departure! Thank you!
1. Are you leaving a car at school during the trip? FILL OUT THIS FORM
THERE WILL BE NO 24/7 security watching these vehicles. Just FYI.
2. Flight Group 5 ONLY: Do you need a ride from the Huntsville Airtoport back to Grissom upon return? FILL OUT THIS FORM
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO HELP SAVE THE BAND $$
To help us save from the added costs for transporting large instruments and equipment, we need your help! We have a credit with Gateway to help but the estimated costs are well above their allowance due to us adding 50+ people and more instruments/equipment after September.
3. Everyone's 1st checked bag is included in the cost of the trip. If you plan on carrying on your main luggage and plan to NOT check a bag we need to know. We will need to use your 1st checked bag credit (that has already been paid for) for one of our large instruments or uniform suitcases. We will have student to help "carry" these bags/instruments so no worries. FILL OUT THIS FORM
4. Many credit cards offer free checked items for certain airlines. Travelers could check with their credit card companies to see if their provider includes additional free checked items for other passengers on a group contract. FILL OUT THIS FORM
5. Travelers with airline status could check with the airline to determine if their status can provide additional free checked bags for other passengers on a group contract. FILL OUT THIS FORM
We r eally appreciate your help with this. The GBPA does not have the funds to provide the extra costs for these large instruments and extra bags we need to make the trip successful! THANK YOU!
UPDATED INFORMATION FROM JANUARY 27TH MEETING
PowerPoint presentation from January 27th meeting HERE. (LARGE FILE willtake time to downbload)
Working Itinerary UPDATED 1/29/2020
European Travel Information
Travel Company Gateway Music Festivals & Tours
Read these 2 documents very carefully before you go to the My Gateway link to register.
1. My Gateway Registration Information
Trip Inclusions and Tentative costs
Trip Terms and Conditions
Trip Insurance Information may be purchased directly through Gateway. Information is on the My Gateway site once you are registered.
February 13, 20 & 27 - Ireland Rehearsal 6-8pm
March 5 - Ireland Rehearsal 6-8pm
March 10 - Ireland Preview Performance and final meeting 6-8pm
March 12 - DEPART FOR IRELAND!!!!!!
Some items all travelers will need to travel to Ireland. More extensive list to come.
Passport (How to apply) DO THIS ASAP!! There will be an opportunity to come to the Grissom Band room one evening in October to apply. Details will be announced.
Copy of Passport in Separate Safe Location
Driver’s license (if applicable)
Health Insurance Information
Travel Insurance Information
Call credit card/banks & set travel notification to Ireland
Front & Back Copies of Credit/Debit Cards including Contact Info in Separate Location
Limerick International Band Championship
St. Patrick' Day Parade Info
Here are the links for the Parade Music. We will alternate between these 2 pieces and drum cadences during the parades.
We will use Hey Pachuco for the Limerick Parade "stand still" routine.
Download your Pre-Game 2019 part FOR NOW and bring to rehearsal Thursday, February 13th!
Hey Pachuco Wind Parts
Snare - Bass - Cymbals
Hey Pachuco MP3
I'm Shipping up to Boston - All Parts
Shipping up to Boston MP3
St. Patrick's Day Parade 2020
The Grissom high school Marching "Tiger" Band will perform in the 2020 St. Patrick's Day Parade in dublin, ireland!